This takes you to Onionhub.com's privacy notice. The terms "we," "our," and "us" refer to Onion Hub / OnionHub / Onionhub (onionhub.com) in this document.
This is a notice notifying you of the information we have on file for you. It strives to create circumstances that allow us to process any information gathered from you or that you knowingly supply to us. It comprises information that identifies you via your personal data as well as information in the context of the legislation and the notice. The word "process" refers to the collection, storage, transfer, use, or act on the information in any other way.
If you are not satisfied by one or more of the statements made here, we apologize and advise you to leave the website immediately. We are particularly concerned with the security and confidentiality of your data. We recognize that our visitors should be able to know that none of their information (personal data) will be utilized for any undesired purpose and will never be accidentally revealed to any third party.
We guarantee to keep all information you provide to us secret and anticipate that you will do the same.
THE BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The law requires us to establish which of the six identified grounds we will use to handle the various categories of your personal information and to inform you of the reason for each category.
If a specific basis on which we treat your data is no longer relevant, we will immediately stop processing your data. Additionally, if the basis changes, we will notify you of the change (where required by law) as well as any new basis under which we will continue to process your information.
1. We Process Information Against A Contractual Commitment With You
When you register an account on our website, purchase a product or service from us, or agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us. We must process the information you offer us in order to fulfill the contract's obligation to you. It should be noted that some of the information you send us may be personal in nature. We could use it to do the following:
- Verify your identification for security reasons.
- Offer you our service or services
- We will sell you our items.
- Advise or recommend you on goods, services, and how to get the most out of our website.
We process this data as part of a contract between us, or you may have asked that we use the information prior to entering into a formal contract. On the contrary, we may aggregate this data to track our performance in relation to a certain service we offer. You will not be identified as a person if you use the information for this reason. We will continue to handle this information until the contract is terminated, either by the party under the contractual conditions or at the end of the contract.
2. We Process Data With Your Consent
There are no contractual terms between us; however, by browsing our website and requesting detailed information about our company, including job opportunities, partnership opportunities, joining our mailing list, and our products and services, you authorize us to process potentially personal information.
We do not disclose any information about you that might reveal your personal identity unless you give us permission. We may summarize it in order to utilize and give class information, such as tracking the performance of a certain page on our website. If you have specifically granted us permission to use your information, we may send your information, such as your name and contact information, to certain affiliates who we believe may provide services or goods of interest to you.
We will continue to handle your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent or it is considered that your consent is no longer valid. If you want to withdraw your consent at any time, you may do so by informing us. It should be noted that if you do so, you may be unable to utilize our services or our website in the future.
3. We Process Information According To Legitimate Interests
We may handle information based on either your or our legitimate interests. We take the following factors into account while processing information:
- If the same aim may be accomplished through alternative ways.
- Whether processing or not processing might hurt you.
- Do you expect us to process your data, and if so, do you think it is reasonable?
For example, we may use this basis to handle your data for the following purposes:
- Maintaining records for the correct and required administration of our company.
- Recognizing unprompted communication from your end, to which we presume you anticipate a response.
- Defending and stating any party's legal rights.
- Providing insurance against or obtaining professional advice needed to manage company risk.
- We believe we have a responsibility to protect your interests.
4. We Have Legal Obligations That Require Us To Process Information
Unlike others, we are obligated to follow the law. We may need to process your information in order to comply with a legal requirement.
For example, we may be obligated to share information to legal authorities if they request it or have necessary authority, such as a court order or a search warrant. This may include personal information about you.
WE ONLY USE YOUR INFORMATION IN CERTAIN SITUATIONS
1. Information Is Provided With The Firm Expectation That It Would Be Shared With Third Parties
This website allows you to publish content with the expectation that it will be viewed, copied, downloaded, or utilized in any way by the public.
Among the examples are:
- Making a post on our forum
- Tagging images
- To express your agreement, disagreement, or thankfulness, click an icon next to a separate visitor's statement.
Since this is personal information, it is your responsibility to ensure the privacy of each and every individual who may use it. We expressly do not utilize this information other than to display or distribute it. We retain the right to preserve and use information in any way we see fit in the future.
We have no control over how any individual or third party uses your information once it is in the public domain. We accept no responsibility for any individual or third-party acts at any time.
If we determine that the reason for the request to remove any personal information you have provided thus far is worthwhile or that there is no legal basis to retain it, we may agree to delete the information at our discretion. You can make a request by visiting the contact us page of onionhub.com and emailing us.
2. Concerns About Our Website's Content
Our website functions as a publication platform. Everyone has the same right to register on our website and post information about themselves or anybody else they may know. We have no influence over the moderation of anything you publish. We retain the right to investigate any complaint(s) about any of our website's content. If we believe your complaint is valid in any way, or if the law requires it, we will destroy the content after a thorough review.
The right to free expression is a basic one. As a result, we must exercise caution when making the decision as to who's rights should be obstructed: yours or the other person whose material may have offended you.
We will not correspond with you if we believe your complaint is unsatisfactory or has no basis.
3. Details About Your Payment Method
Your credit card information is secure! We never collect or transfer your payment information via our website or any other methods. Your payment information is not accessible to any of our employees or contractors.
During the payment procedure, you will be routed to a different secure page on the WorldPay/ SagePay / PayPal / MoneyBookers / Stripe or any other reputable payment service provider's website. The rerouted page may appear branded or similar to one of our website's pages. But we have no control over that.
4. Job Application And Employment
If you provide us information about a job application, we may retain it for up to three years in case we decide to contact you later.
If you work with us, we will gather information about you and your work from time to time during your employment. All of the information we gather will be used solely for the purpose of your employment. We shall maintain your papers for six years after your employment ends before deleting or destroying them.
5. Sending Messages To Our Help Team
We gather information from you anytime you contact us through any method, such as phone calls, e-mails, or even our website, so that we can react with the information you require. We prioritize business efficiency, which is why we record both your request and your response.
We provide a high-quality service while protecting your personally identifying information related to your message and personal data.
When we get a complaint, we record all of the information you submit. The information is used to handle all of your concerns.
If it is determined that we need to contact another individual in order to address your complaints, we will do so and may share part of the information included in the complaint. We engage in this activity rather regularly against our exclusive discretion of whether or not to reveal the information, and if so, which information must be given.
We may also create statistics based on information obtained from this source to assess the level of service we provide, but never in a way that reveals your or any other person's identity.
7. Affiliate And Business Partner Information
As our affiliate or business partner, you are the one who provides us with the information. It allows us to identify visitors based on your referral and credit your commission for such referrals. It also contains certain details that will allow us to transfer your commission.
The data is purely for affiliate or commercial reasons. We accept responsibility for maintaining the confidentiality of all information and the conditions of our agreement. We expect any affiliate or business partner to adhere to and follow this policy.
8. We Make Use Of The Information Collected By Automated Systems During Your Visit To Our Website
Cookies are little text files that your web browser saves on your computer's hard drive every time you visit a website. They allow information gathered on one online page to be saved until it is needed to be used on another, allowing websites to give you with a tailored experience and statistics to website owners about how the website is used so that it may be improved.
Certain cookies may accumulate for a set amount of time, such as a year, or until your browser is closed. The remainder will last indefinitely. It should be mentioned that your web browser should allow you to erase any cookies you want as well as limit or prevent their use.
If you disable cookies or restrict their use through your browser settings, you will be unable to utilize all of the features of our website.
The following examples demonstrate why we utilize cookies:
- To track how you use our website.
- If you have observed certain messages on our website, please record them.
- To keep the registration on our website.
- For capturing your responses to quizzes and surveys on our website as you complete them.
- During a live chat, for capturing the conversation thread with our support team.
B. Obtaining Personal Identifiers From Web Activity
We log your web browser's queries to our servers for web pages and other associated items on our website. Other information is collected, such as your geographical location, Internet Service Provider (ISP), and IP address, as well as information about the software you are presently using to visit our site, such as the type of computer or device and screen resolution.
We utilize this collated data to determine the popularity of our site's web pages and our performance in providing content to you. If we combine this information with what we already know about you from past visits, it is possible that the data might be used to identify you personally even if you are not logged in to our website.
C. Our Re-Marketing Strategy
Re-marketing entails installing a cookie on your computer while browsing our website in order to display you an advertisement for our products or services when you visit another website.
We may utilize a third party to provide remarketing services on occasion. If you have agreed to use our cookies in this scenario, you may see adverts for our products and services on other websites.
9. Your Information's Exposure And Distribution
A. Information Obtained From Third Parties
While we do not disclose your personal data to any third party (save as stated in the notice), we occasionally obtain certain indirectly made up data from third parties whose services we use.
It should be emphasized that no such information identifies you personally.
B. Advertisements From Third Parties On Our Website
C. Data Processing May Occur Outside Of The European Union
Our website is hosted in the United States. We may also utilize outsourced services in other countries outside the European Union (EU) in certain elements of our company on occasion. Similarly, data collected in the United Kingdom or any other nation might be handled outside of the European Union. Some of the software utilized by our website, for example, may have been developed in the United States, China, or Australia.
We apply the following data protection measures when transferring data outside of the European Union:
- The data safety terms in our contracts with data processors include transfer clauses developed or authorized by a supervisory body in the European Union.
- We follow a code of conduct that has been authorized by an EU regulatory authority.
10. Access To Your Personal Information
A. Getting Access To Your Personal Information
- You may access and amend any personally identifiable information we have on file for you at any time by logging into your account on our website.
- To obtain a copy of any information that is not available on our website, please connect with us via the contact us page.
- When we receive your request, we will let you know when you can expect us to supply you with the requested information and whether we will charge a price for the service.
B. Removal Of Your Personal Information
If you would want us to delete personally identifying information from our website, please contact us using our contact us page.
This may limit the services we can offer you.
C. Your Information's Authentication
When we receive a request to view, modify, or delete personally identifiable information, we will take reasonable steps to confirm your identity before granting you access or taking any other action. This is a critical step in safeguarding your data.
1. Children Making Use Of The Website
- We do not provide any services or sell anything for purchase by children, nor do we promote them.
- Under the supervision of a parent or guardian, minors under the age of 18 may access our website.
2. Data Encryption Transmission Between Us
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and encrypt any data you provide.
Whenever we exchange information, you may verify it using SSL by searching for a closed padlock symbol or any other trust mark in your browser's URL bar or toolbar.
3. Process For Filing A Complaint
- If you are dissatisfied with our privacy policies or have a problem, please contact us through email. [email protected] is our email address.
- [You may get more information about our complaint processing system at the URL]
- If a disagreement cannot be resolved through arbitration or mediation, we hope you will agree to try to resolve it through arbitration or mediation.
- If you are unsatisfied with how we treat your personal information, you have the right to file a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office. This may be done at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
4. Personal Data Retention Period
Unless as otherwise specified in this privacy statement, we only keep your personal information for as long as we need it:
- In order to provide you with the services you have requested.
- For compliance with other laws throughout the time frame specified by our tax authorities.
- In court, to support a claim or defense.
5. Compliance With The Law
In any case, it is ultimately your choice whether or not to utilize our website.
This privacy statement may be updated from time to time as needed. The terms that apply to you are those that are published on our website on the day you use it. We recommend printing a copy for your records.
Please contact us if you have any questions about our privacy policies.