Terms And Conditions
When replicating anything from our website, we request a few basic attributions, which are as follows:
- Any reproduced work must provide credit to the creator by including the author's name.
- The header or footer MUST look like this: This article was originally published on Onion Hub, and the hyperlink must point to the original material.
Articles and other materials discovered on Onion Hub that were not initially created by one of our numerous contributors or editorial staff have been made accessible to us via a Creative Commons License or the express request of the managing editors or staff. Our Terms of Service are subject to change and revision at any time. The Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License applies to this work.
THE WORK (AS MENTIONED UNDERNEATH) IS PROVIDED UNDER THE TERMS OF THIS CREATIVE COMMONS PUBLIC LICENSE ("CCPL" OR "LICENSE"). COPYRIGHT AND/OR OTHER APPLICABLE LAW PROTECTS THE WORK. ANY OTHER USE OF THE WORK OTHER THAN AS AUTHORIZED BY THIS LICENSE OR BY COPYRIGHT LAW IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE BY EMPLOYING ANY RIGHTS TO THE WORK PROVIDED HERE. TO THE EXTENT THAT THIS LICENSE MAY BE CONSIDERED A CONTRACT, THE LICENSOR GRANTS YOU THE RIGHTS CONTAINED HEREIN IN EXCHANGE FOR YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF SUCH TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
"Adaptation" refers to a work based on the work, or the work in general, and other previously existing works such as a translation, adaptation, work of derivation, music arrangement, or other alterations of a literary or artistic work, phonogram, or performance, and includes cinematographic adaptations or any other form in which the work may be recasted, transformed, or modified inclusive of any form that is recognizable as deduced from the original, except that for the purposes of this license, a work that is part of a Collection is not considered an Adaptation. To prevent misunderstanding, whether the Work is a musical piece, phonogram, or performance, work synchronization in timed-relationship with a moving picture ("syncing") shall be considered an Adaptation for the purposes of this license.
The term "collection" refers to a collection of artistic or literary creations, such as anthologies and encyclopedias, or phonograms, broadcasts, or performances, or other works or subject matter apart from the works listed in Section 1(g) below, which, due to their selection and content arrangement, comprise intellectual creations, in which the work is included in its entirety in unaltered form along with other one or more contributions, each comprising of separate works. For the purposes of this license, a work that is part of a Collection will not be deemed an Adaptation (as described above).
"Distribute" means to make available to the public, both the original and copies of the Work or Adaptation, as applicable, by sale or other ownership transfer.
"License Elements" refers to the high-level license attributes specified by the Licensor and indicated in the title of this License: Attribution, Noncommercial, and Share Alike.
The word "Licensor" refers to the people, individuals, entity/entities that offer(s) the Work under the conditions of this license.
The term "Original Author" refers to, in the case of an artistic or literary work, the individual(s), entity(s), or entities who created the Work, or, if no individual or entity can be identified, the publisher, as well as
(i) in the case of a performance, the singers, actors, dancers, musicians, and other persons who sing, act, declaim, deliver, interpret, play in, or otherwise perform artistic or literary works or folklore expressions;
(ii) In the case of a phonogram, the producer is the individual or legal body who first fixes the sounds of a performance or any other sound; and
(iii) in the event of broadcasts, the organization responsible for transmitting the broadcast.
"Work" refers to the artistic and/or literary work offered under the terms of this license, including without limitation any production in the scientific, artistic, and literary domains, regardless of the form or mode of expression, including digital form, such as a pamphlet, a book, or other writing; an address, a lecture, sermon, or other work of a similar nature; a dramatic-musical or dramatic work; entertainment in the form of a dumb show or a choreographic effort; a musical composition with or without words; a cinematographic production in which multiple works are conveyed through a cinematographic method; a painting, drawing, sculpture, architectural work, lithography, or engraving; a photographic work in which the absorbed works are conveyed through a photographic method; a piece of applied art; a topographic, geographical, scientific, or architectural illustration, sketch, map, plan, or 3D work; a radio broadcast; a live performance; a phonogram; a data compilation that is safeguarded as a copyrightable work; or a work performed by a circus performer or a variety that is not otherwise deemed a creative or literary creation.
"You" refers to a person or entity exercising rights under this license who has not previously broken the conditions of this Agreement with regard to the work, or who has acquired express permission from the licensor to exercise rights under this license despite a past breach.
"Publicly Perform" refers to performing public recitations of the work and communicating those public recitations to the public through any process or means, including wire or wireless means or public digital performances; making works available to the public in such a way that members of the public can access these works from a place and at a time that they choose; to present the work to the public by any method or means, as well as to communicate to the public the performances of the work, including digital performances; to broadcast and rebroadcast the work through any means consisting of signs, pictures, or sounds.
"Reproduce" refers to creating copies of the work by any means, including, but not limited to, visual recordings or sound, as well as the right to fix and reproduce fixations of the Work, including the storage of a protected performance or phonogram in digital form or any other electronic media.
2. FAIR DEALING RIGHTS
Nothing in this license is intended to limit, decrease, or restrict any copyright-free uses or rights deriving from exceptions or limits allowed for in regard to copyright protection under copyright law or other relevant laws.
3. GRANT OF LICENSE
The licensor hereby granted you an international, royalty-free, perpetual (for the lifetime of the applicable copyright), non-exclusive license to exercise the following rights in the Work, subject to the terms and conditions of this license:
- To replicate the Work, combine it into one or more Collections, and then reproduce the Work as it is included into the Collections;
- To develop and reproduce adaptations as long as any such adaptation, including translations in any medium, takes reasonable efforts to properly demarcate, label, or otherwise identify that changes were made to the original work. A translation, for example, may be labeled "The original work was translated from English to Spanish," whereas a moderation could be labeled "The original work has been changed."
- To publicly perform and disseminate the work, including adaptations; and
- To publicly perform and distribute adaptations.
The aforementioned rights may be exercised in any format or media now known or hereafter conceived. The aforesaid rights include the right to make any technological changes required to exercise the rights in other forms and media. Pursuant to Section 8(f), the licensor reserves all rights not expressly granted, including but not limited to the rights indicated in Section 4(e).
The license granted in Section 3 above is expressly given subject to and restricted by the conditions listed below:
- Only under the conditions of this license may you publicly perform or distribute the work. You must include a copy of this license, or the Uniform Resource Identifier (URI), with each copy of the work you distribute or publicly perform. You may not impose or propose any work-related limitations that limit the terms of this license or the recipient's ability to exercise the rights granted to that recipient under the terms of the license.
You may not sublicense the work. You must include all notices referring to this License as well as the disclaimer of warranties with each copy of the work you distribute or publicly perform.
When you publicly perform or distribute the work, you must not impose any effective technical barriers on the work that impede a recipient's capacity to exercise rights granted to that recipient under the terms of the License. This Section 4(a) applies to the work as integrated in a Collection, but it does not require the collection to be subject to the conditions of the License in addition to the work itself. If you build a Collection, you must remove any credit required by Section 4(d) from the collection as soon as possible after obtaining notice from the Licensor.
If you construct an Adaptation, you must delete any credit as required and requested by Section 4(d) as soon as possible after receiving notice from the Licensor.
- Only under the following conditions may an Adaptation be publicly performed or distributed:
- This License's terms.
- A subsequent version of this License that has the same licensing elements as this License.
- A Creative Commons Jurisdiction license (current or later version) containing the same License Components as this license (for example, Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 US) ("Applicable License"). Any copy of the Adaptation that you publicly perform or distribute must include a copy of, or the URI for, the Applicable License. You may not propose or impose any conditions on the Adaptation that limit the terms of the Relevant License or the recipient's capacity to exercise the rights granted to that recipient under the terms of the applicable License.
When you publicly perform or distribute the Adaptation, you may not put any effective technical barriers on it that impede the recipient's capacity to exercise the rights granted to that recipient under the terms of the Relevant License. This Section 4(b) applies to the Adaptation as integrated in a Collection, but it does not require the collection to be subject to the conditions of the Applicable License apart from the Adaptation itself.
- You are not permitted to utilize any of the rights given to you in Section 3 above in any way that is principally intended or oriented toward commercial gain or remuneration for private money. The exchange of the Work for other copyrighted works via digital file sharing or otherwise shall not be considered to be intended for or directed toward any commercial advantage or private monetary compensation, provided that no monetary compensation is paid in relation to the exchange of copyrighted works.
- Unless a request has been made pursuant to Section 4(a), if you publicly perform or distribute the Work or any Adaptations or Collections, you must preserve all copyrighted notices intact for the Work and give reasonable to the media or methods you are utilizing:
- The name of the original author (or pseudonym if appropriate), if supplied, and/or if the original author and/or Licensor designate another party(s) for attribution ("Attribution Parties") in Licensor's copyright notice, terms of service, or by any other acceptable means, the name of such party(s).
- The Work title, if provided.
- To the greatest degree possible, the URI, if any, that Licensor expressly states is linked with the Work, provided such URI does not refer to the copyright notice or license information for the Work, and
- In accordance with Section 3(b), in the event of an adaptation, a credit recognizes the use of the work in adaptation (e.g., "French translation of the Work by Original Author," or "Screenplay based on the Work by Original Author"). The credit required by this section 4(d) may be administered in any reasonable manner, provided that, in the case of an Adaptation or Collection, such credit will appear, at a minimum, as part of the credits for all contributing authors of the Adaptation or Collection, and in a manner at least as prominent as the credits for the other contributing authors. To avoid uncertainty, you may only use the credit required by this section for the purpose of attribution in the manner specified above, and by exercising your rights under the License, you may not explicitly or implicitly imply or assert any connection with, endorsement or sponsorship of you or your use of the work by the Original Author, Attribution Parties, and/or Licensor, as relevant, without the separate, express pre-written permission of the Original Author, Licensor, and/or Attribution Parties.
5. FOR DOUBT AVOIDANCE
- Non-waivable Compulsory License Schemes: In areas where the right to collect royalties under any compulsory or statutory licensing scheme cannot be waived, the Licensor reserves the exclusive right to collect such royalties for any exercise of the rights granted by this license by you.
- Waivable Compulsory License Schemes: In jurisdictions where the right to collect royalties through any compulsory or statutory licensing scheme can be waived, the Licensor reserves the exclusive right to collect such royalties for any exercise by you of the rights granted under this license if such practice is for a purpose or use other than non-commercial as permitted under Section 4 (c), and otherwise waives the obligation to collect royalties.
- Voluntary License Schemes: The Licensor reserves all rights to collect royalties, either individually or, if the Licensor is a member of a collecting society that administers voluntary licensing schemes, through that society, from any exercise by you of the rights granted under this License that is for a use or purpose other than non-commercial as authorized under Section 4 of this License (c).
Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Licensor or as otherwise permitted by applicable law, you must not Distort, Modify, Mutilate, or take other derogatory action in relation to the Work that would be detrimental to the Original Author's honor or reputation if you Reproduce, Distribute, or Publicly Perform the Work either alone or as part of any Adaptations or Collections. The Licensor acknowledges that in jurisdictions (for example, Japan) where any exercise of the right granted in Section 3(b) of this License (the right to make Adaptations) would be deemed to be a mutilation, distortion, modification, or other derogatory action detrimental to the Original Author's reputation and honor, the Licensor will waive or not assert, as appropriate, in this Section, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable national law, to allow you to utilize your right under Section 3(b) of this Agreement (right to produce Adaptations) appropriately, but not unreasonably.
6. REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND DISCLAIMER
LICENSOR PROVIDES THE WORK AS-IS AND MAKES NO EXPRESS, IMPLIED, COMPULSORY, OR OTHER WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE WORK, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, FITNESS, MERCHANTABILITY, FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR THE ABSENCE OF LATENT OR OTHER DEFECTS, ACCURACY SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES; AS A RESULT, THIS EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
7. RESTRICTION ON LIABILITY
EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT NEEDED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE LICENSOR BE LIABLE TO YOU ON ANY LEGAL THEORY FOR ANY SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, PENAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THIS LICENSE OR THE USE OF THE WORK, EVEN IF THE LICENSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH VANDALISM.
If you violate the conditions of this Agreement, this License and the privileges granted herein shall instantly expire. Businesses or persons who have acquired Adaptations or Collections from you under this Agreement, on the other hand, will not have their licenses terminated if they remain in full compliance with those licenses. Sections 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, and 8 will remain in effect even if this License is terminated.
The permission given here is perpetual, subject to the terms and restrictions stated above (for the duration of the applicable copyright in the Work). Regardless of the foregoing, the Licensor reserves the right to release the work under different license terms or to discontinue distribution of the Work at any time; however, any such election will not serve to withdraw this License (or any other license that has been, or is required to be, granted under the terms of this License), and this License will continue in full force and effect unless terminated as stated above.
- Each time you publicly perform or distribute a Collection or the Work, the Licensor extends to the receiver the same license granted to you under this Agreement.
- Each time you publicly perform or distribute an Adaptation, Licensor grants the receiver a license to the Original Work on the same terms and conditions that you have under this License.
- If any provision of this License is invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, it must therefore not affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder of the terms of this License, and such provision shall be re - established to the minimum extent required to make such provision valid and enforceable without further intervention by the parties to this agreement.
- No term or condition of this License will be deemed waived, and no violation shall be sanctioned, unless such waiver or consent is in writing and signed by the party charged with such waiver or agreement.
- This Agreement constitutes the parties' entire agreement with regard to the Work Licensed here. There are no agreements, understandings, or statements about the undefined Task. Any extra provisions that may exist in any communication from you shall not bind the Licensor. This license may not be amended unless both the Licensor and You agree in writing.
- The rights granted under and the subject matter referred to in this License were drafted in accordance with the terminology of the Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works (as amended on September 28, 1979), the Rome Convention of 1961, The World Intellectual Property Organization Performances, The World Intellectual Property Organization Copyright Treaty of 1996, The World Intellectual Property Organization Phonograms Treaty of 1996, and The World Intellectual Property Organization Universal Copyright Convention (as revised on 24th July, 1971). These rights are subject to enforcement in the relevant jurisdiction in accordance with the equivalent provisions of the implementation of those treaty provisions in the applicable national law. If the normal suite of rights given under relevant copyright law includes additional rights not provided under this License, such extra rights are assumed to be included in the License; this license does not limit the license of any rights under applicable law.